Intern with Pathways Development Initiative (PDI)!
• Fully funded 8 week internship from early June—early August 2016
• Live with the Zaale family in beautiful Bududa, Uganda nestled in the Mt. Elgon region
• Intern with PDI in a number of possible capacities:
• Work for the PDI Village Savings and Loans Association (VSLA), gathering data on savings and investments from local chapters, interviewing VSLA members for success stories and challenges, teaching local community members about the value of saving and investing in income-generating activities.
• Work at PDI Education Center teaching basic lessons to 5-9 year olds in English on reading, writing, math, art, and public health.
• Develop and implement health education on topics such as hygiene and hand washing, malaria prevention, HIV prevention and awareness, dental hygiene, and diarrhea to primary and secondary school children.
• Undergraduate students from any academic background are welcome!